Saturday, December 17, 2011

Artists/The Weird People

This week I'm going to talk about artist, who are also known as "The weird people" to many. Now I'm not saying all "the weird people" in the world are artists, but I bet most of you can agree with me that all artists are weird in some way. Even the conservative artists are weird because it's weird for an artist to be conservative. This isn't a bad thing at all so please don't press that red "x" button like I know some of you are thinking about quite yet.
Here are my reasons why artists or "the weird people" in the world are a positive thing, why it's not bad to one. 


1) We bring smiles to peoples' faces (ex: since Christmas/Yule/Hanukah/whatever it is that your religion celebrate this time of year is coming up, I decided to wear my elf hat. Now it's not that horribly weird, but when you put me in my elf hat in a school with over a thousand other students who aren't, it is pretty weird. Anyways that day as I walked down the halls of my high school I saw almost everyone smile. Now they could've been smiles that were laughing at me or with me, but either way a smile is a smile no matter what the ulterior motives are)


2)We give the world color (ex: If you think about it creativity is the emotions of the world. We, as artists/weird people, express how we feel in new and exciting ways and if there weren't any artists/weird people to express emotions for others, our world would be dull, everyone would have a blank face, keep their emotions bottled up, and their would be no way to describe. It's the difference between "you know that emotion you get when tears fall from your eyes?" and
"Every minute slow and
painful, falling deaf to my silent cry..
I wait impatiently for a day that will never
come..
I want to awake from the despair of
this iniquity..
My sole is empty.." - A House Without a Home, http://rosebryer.tripod.com/id21.html


3)Without us the world would be primitive (ex: When Galileo said that the Sun was the center of the universe, not earth. When Benjamin Franklin preforming his lighting/kite experiment which has been followed by the invention of the battery. The legend of the vampire (I don't actually know where this originated from or who it was, but I'll let you know when I do) without that we wouldn't have some of the greatest books, Dracula, Interview with a Vampire, TWILIGHT REALLY ISN'T ONE OF THEM THOSE ARE OVER SIZED FAIRIES WITHOUT WINGS, and many, many more.)


So you see gypsies, we maybe called weird, but this is a good thing! Next time someone calls you weird smile at them, say "Thank you", maybe even give them a hug. For without us weirdos, and especially us artists, the world would a floating dead rock with absolutely no life on it! 
                                         BE PROUD!!!
                                    Gypsy Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment